Pinterest Picks

Here at The Cake Boutique  we have a love hate relationship with Pinterest. Although, pinterest brings lots of fabulous ideas to your finger tips, people tend to not realize the difficulty, labor and time that goes into many of their favorite pins. Therefore, they are quite sticker shocked at the prices that things cost to recreate. Here are a few of my favorite pins this week along with the prices to recreate them.
Since we are knee deep in wedding cakes this time of year I chose this beautiful wedding cake. I love the fresh flowers, the simple but sweet topper and the peach ruffle! This cake would cost upwards of $675 to recreate for about 70 servings.


If you didn't already know, The Cake Boutique is obsessed with minions! We even have a minion wall decal in our office :). So this was an obvious pick for me. What I loved was the birthday decorations that is incorporated in this cake. This minion would serve about 40 guests and would cost about $275 to recreate. 

Our signature way to ice cakes is with the rosette design. Although, we don't dye buttercream dark colors(it compromises the taste and texture) I still love this cake. I like how this cake has an accent tier that is smooth. This 3 tier would serve about 50 and would cost $190 to recreate.

My last pick was just a great idea. We usually suggest standing your cake pops up in M&Ms, Marbles, seeds or beans, but how cute are these rainbow sprinkles!?! 

Comments

Popular Posts